Saturday, July 21, 2001

Yard sale time!

Well, I am moving very soon.. on the 31st, in fact. So I have a whole bunch of stuff that I need to get rid of. It's weird when you accumulate alot of stuff.. every move I've mafde so far, I haven't been constrained by space. Now it's different and I guess it was time to let go of some of this stuff. Recycling, giving it away and marking my beloved posessions for a yard sale came as easy as walking to me.

That's not to say I didn't reminisce a little, I did. Somethings got yanked out of the yard sale box but the vast majority (including almost all of my furniture) is up for sale to whoever gives the best offer. This ease in letting everything go is a new point for me. I realise now that most of this stuff is, well stuff and only the things with strong memories attached to them are staying. I still have more things than I should, but looking around at what I am bringing with me and what is being purged from my life is incredible. Even my computer desk is going, I get to sit on the floor for a week. Yay.

Time to sleep, now, and dream of a Yard sale.. hopefully I'll sell most of it and whatever doesn't sell gets donated to the Salvation army.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home